Follow Me on Twitter

Monday, May 11, 2015

Western Films: Shanghai Noon

It's funny how some movies can bring us back to a specific point in time. I particularly remember the first two times I saw the movie Shanghai Noon. The very first time I was in the 6th grade attending a birthday party at my friend Chris's house. A large group of friends were there. We went to play laser tag and then everyone came back to Chris's house to stay the night playing video games and watching movies. The first movie we watched was a scary movie called Urban Legend. Since we didn't want to go to bed with scary thoughts in our heads, we strategically watched the comedy western movie second. It was very funny and entertaining from the beginning to end. After watching Shanghai Noon it was hard to remember much from Urban Legend. We all went to sleep with smiles on our faces. The first thing I thought as I was watching the movie was how much my grandpa would like this movie. When I was younger I would stay at my grandparents house quite a bit. My grandpa would pick the TV shows and movies we would watch and his two favorite types of movies were western films and martial arts films. Shanghai Noon is the perfect mix of both. The second time I saw the movie is the time I think of most every time I see it on TV today. I asked my mom if I could rent the movie because I knew I was going to spend the afternoon with my grandpa. She knows her dad well and thought he would like the movie I suggested so she was cool with it. I had lunch at my grandparents and my grandpa and I watched the movie. He enjoyed it so much that he eventually bought it for his own collection. Every time I see a movie on TV that I once watched with my grandpa it brings me back to that time in my life and I can remember in detail that day and the time we spent together. Because of that, when I see a movie we watched it brings a smile to my face and I love that it does. If you want to check out a fun family western comedy movie, Shanghai Noon is the film for you.


Trailer: 


Next Blog: Disney Movies 


No comments:

Post a Comment