Follow Me on Twitter

Monday, May 25, 2015

Disney Movies

Try to find one person who has been born in the last 20 years that went through their whole childhood without seeing one Disney movie. If and when you find that person, they must have been born under a rock. Walt Disney company started making short series films back in 1923 and has continued to make films to this day. With advancements in technology, Disney continues to make money on films they made years ago by offering them on Blue ray for purchase today. This is why I believe these movies will never fad out and will always be relevant in cycles. These movies will sell in cycles with the generations of kids who grow up watching them. For example, my brother was born in 1982. Throughout his childhood he was introduced to multiple Disney movies. He is now a father of my 3 year old nephew Dominic. My brother has bought every Disney movie he watched and liked when he was younger plus a few newer ones for Dominic. Kids will watch what you put on and they see animated movies in good picture quality and have no idea they were made years before their time. That's why these movies will not fade away. Dominic will grow up and possibly do the same when he has kids. This is where the cycle comes in. These movies have a nostalgic feel to them which makes people spend a lot of money on them even though they are considerably old movies. Disney has the formula right, they get repeat customers and are profitable for years on some films most would consider classics. Disney movies have become a part of our culture for kids growing up everywhere. They will always be around and are not going anywhere anytime soon. 

Favorite Disney Movie (Right)
Picture of my adorable nephew Dominic (Left)

                                                                         

(I've watched Aladdin with my nephew multiple times, he loves it too)

Next Blog: Documentaries











8 comments:

  1. I have grown up on Disney and I think Aladdin is definitely a classic. There were the handful that I would classify as classics like The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Cinderella, and 101 Dalmatians. They have re-made these movies in some form or fashion but the classics ones will always be my favorites. I think sharing the movies with our children, like your brother does with his son, helps form traditions and they get to share a piece of our childhood with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more, sharing these movies with our children helps form a tradition that will live on through the kids. Thanks for the insight!

      Delete
  2. My sister in law has done the same thing my two little nieces. They have seen all the same Disney movies I watched when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I know when I have kids I will do the same thing as well. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. I didn't grow up on disney movies:C which is something I am really sad about, but I love to watch them now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little. Mermaid

    ReplyDelete